Today, I decided create a card using my Nestabilities. I used some SU stamps and wheel, coordinating ribbon, ink and cardstock. The Nestabilities were used to create the embossed frame and scalloped edge around the embossed frame. Nestabilities were made originally to be used with The Wizard by Spellbinders, however, using them with my Cuttlebug works just as good.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Friday, September 19, 2008
Today, I received some beautiful adirondack inks that I had to use quickly. I decided to use the watercolor technique with a transparency. The adirondack colors were watermelon, citrus, and sunset orange. The stamps that I chose were from Gelatin stamps. I added a transparency from Daisy D's, some coordinating ribbon and dew drops, and an imagine charm.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Today was a good day! I had an opportunity to play with some paper that I have been eyeing for months, but had not played with. The paper is by K & Company. I knew that I wanted to combine the paper with my cuttlebug as well. I also used a worded stamp by SU and a floral stamp by Gelatin Stamps. The cuttlebug layer (CTMH Whitecore) was sanded and aged by using the direct to paper technique with brown ink. The last touch was adding some brown and white polka dot ribbon. Loved the end result!
Thursday, September 11, 2008
I just started playing with this fun technique.I have had small selection of adirondack pads and watercolor paper for some time. I just decided to dust them off and use them. My goal was to use this technique with a couple different tools to make this experience a little more exciting. So, the first piece of art is the technique itself layered onto a card. One of the greatest things about the old style adirondack pads is that you can take the lid off and directly apply your inks to your stamp (Penny Black)-one at a time, which was the 1st step to the technique. I used 3 adirondack colors. Then I used a craft misting bottle to mist water onto the inked stamp. The next step was to stamp onto watercolor paper. I loved the result. I continued to stamp additional watercolor paper to create Second Generation stamping.
It has been a long road back to posting and sharing. I have been on bed rest for the past several months, and have missed posting and sharing artwork with you all so much. I now feel as though I have a little extra energy to put back into my crafting. More post to come...